Having easy access to the web has radically changed how customers choose their products or services. People need social proof to know that their money is going to the right place, which is why online reviews play an essential part in your business.
In this episode, we discuss why your business needs online reviews, how to get more reviews, and where to get them. We also unpack tips on how to deal with negative online reviews.
Whatever your business or brand, having a positive online presence can boost your sales and grow your business.
What To Listen For:
- The right time to request for a review (9:00)
- Having an online strategy incorporated in your marketing strategy (12:08)
- How reviews can help your business (12:21)
- How clients trust online reviews (13:29)
- Reviews for service-based businesses (14:48)
- Where is the best online platform for reviews? (16:17)
- Make your reviews as easy as possible to answer for your client/customers (19:09)
- Communicate why your customer’s reviews are important to your business (19:40)
- Do you need a physical address of your business for your reviews? (20:20)
- Negative reviews can work for your business (22:57)
- 5-star businesses earn less than 4 or 3-star rated businesses (25:50)
- Look at businesses’ replies to negative reviews (28:10)
- Top online review sites (29:10)
- The importance of cleanliness and friendliness (33:24)
- How do you handle bad reviews? (35:22)
- Comments vs reviews (37:15)
- Outstanding memorable customer service (44:33)
- Best times to ask for a review (49:09)
What’s Grinding Our Gears?
Joe: Bad customer services
America vs. Australia
Sam: 3 things to know if you are doing business with Australians:
- “If you need some help just sing out”
- “Just have a crack”
- “It’s my shout”
Harvard Business School
Check-In With The Geeks
Catch us live each week on Monday 8pm EDT / Tuesday 10am AEST at the Business Geeks Podcast page on Facebook.
Submit your question to the geeks at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your question answered live on the show. Be sure to include your business name for a free shoutout.
Find Samantha at SamanthaRiley.global
Find Jennifer at Sparent.co
Find Joe at SuperJoePardo.com