We all have a money mindset. It’s that unique set of beliefs and attitudes about money that we follow. It’s what drives the decisions we make about saving, spending and handling money.
Developing a money mindset generally starts at home. Essentially, we imbibe our family’s money mindset beliefs. For example, many parents preach to their children that “money doesn’t grow on trees” and “some people are just born with a silver spoon in their mouth” to underlie the importance of working hard to earn money and that the rich are different from the poor. As we grow into adults these inherited beliefs bleed onto our work, our business, our habits, and other aspects of our lives.
What’s your money mindset? Have you ever sat down and conducted a money mindset assessment to review if your beliefs are helping you succeed or if they are actually dragging you down?
In this episode, we talk about the origins of our own money mindsets. We also discuss various strategies to overcome money mindset blocks that prevent us from achieving financial freedom and business success.
What To Listen For:
- Money mindset defined (02:24)
- The power of money mindsets inherited from families (03:07)
- Symptoms of a money mindset block (11:09)
- Businesses affected by troubling times (14:01)
- A study on 10,000 millionaires (15:23)
- What does money mean to you? (16:59)
- What can you do with money? (18:53)
- Growing up in between two different money mindsets (20:29)
- Bargain hunting mindset (22:59)
- The first step to overcome a mindset block is to acknowledge it (25:03)
- Understand that a mindset changes how you act (27:08)
- Visualisation is an important tool (27:47)
- Reticular Activating System (28:57)
- Educate yourself about money (33:10)
- How a listener overcame her money mindset block (33:41)
- Talk more openly about money with other people (35:52)
- Your business may not be identifying with the right market (37:29)
- Disney’s pricing strategy (39:32)
What’s grinding our gears
Jen: Companies that make customer service difficult on purpose: a story about two meal delivery services (42:20)
Get my lunch money
Jen: Oh Snap! Social (49:59)
This One Brain Hack Backed By Science Will Change Your Life. Here’s How. by Mel Robbins
Get Rich Lucky Bitch by Denise Duffield-Thomas
The Disney Dish with Jim Hill
Check-In With The Geeks
Sales Circus, Feb 15-19, 2021
Business Success Academy launch
Check-In With The Geeks
Catch us live each week on Monday 8pm EDT / Tuesday 10am AEST at the Business Geeks Podcast page on Facebook.
Submit your question to the geeks at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your question answered live on the show. Be sure to include your business name for a free shoutout.
Find Samantha at SamanthaRiley.global
Find Jennifer at Sparent.co
Find Joe at SuperJoePardo.com
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS